Archives Subcommittee Chairperson – Ted H – email
The mission of the London Archives is to permanently document the work of Alcoholics Anonymous in the London-Middlesex area, to make the history of the organization accessible to AA members and other researchers, and to provide a context for understanding AA’s progression, principles, and traditions.
Consistent with AA’s primary purpose of maintaining our sobriety and helping other alcoholics achieve recovery, the London Archives:
- Receives, classifies, and indexes all relevant material considered to have historical importance to AA and to the London-Middlesex area.
- Holds and preserves such material
- Provides access to these materials, as determined by the London Archivist, to members of AA and to others who may have a valid need to review such material, contingent upon a commitment to preserve the anonymity of our members
- Serves as a resource and laboratory to stimulate and nourish learning
- Provides information services to assist the operations of London Intergroup
- Promotes knowledge and understanding of the origins, goals and programs of AA and of London Intergroup